woensdag 13 juni 2007

My own personal hell



I wake up to go to class, I come home and lock myself in my room until it's time to go to sleep again. I can't think of anything that could bring me joy, the games I enjoyed are just there...the people I normally hang out with are around but I don't want to be there.I have firmly stated in the past that I have issues understanding clinical depression because I have never fallen into a rut that I couldn't pull myself out of. I have watched family die slowly, I have buried friends and family, I have watched dreams die; and none of that has ever made me feel like I could even begin to understand clinical depression. Now I think I'm beginning to understand.You went somewhere you knew that I could not follow, you made sure of that, you left me behind after everything we have been through. Were you that afraid that you had found something that could make you happy, or were you so afraid that you have wasted so much time on a loser? Your only reason you gave was that you didn't know if I was truly what you wanted...that you doubted if I was good enough.I feel like a shell that only does things because it is expected of me.Even with all that I know things can never really go back, there are things you can't take away and can't undo. I am constantly reminded that "you can never go home again"The only comfort I can give myself is that the one year, eight months, and seven days were some of the best of my life.I have stared at this screen wondering if I should post it, wondering if I should back out, wondering if I should hide. But I'm beginning to doubt my ability to pull myself through this and I think I need the help of my friends.

6 opmerkingen:

calebbadger zei

I'm sorry, Street..I hope things work out for you n Mitz. Gimme a call Saturday, as I'll be in Dekalb making a mess of RC's new apartment if you wanna chat or do something.

jeitojcdeser99 zei

Hey Bud, you know I'm here for you no matter what.You can phone me up at any hour of the night and I'll pick up.

bethalf1153yahoocom zei

Hun I'm here if you ever need to talk. Spike has a depression problem and finally was able to get help for it and it changed his life

aintoyursugarpie9 zei

Hey, call me. seriously... 949-637-3960. i am up all hours of the night. i WILL be expecting a call!_____________________________________But seriously Brian...there is really nothing I can say to you to make it hurt less, I know. My divorce was a mutual decision, and I am still learning to cope with it. What I CAN do is be a kind, compassionate ear. I really do care a lot about you even though we hardly ever talk. (I still have the picture you drew me of furry you decorating the Christmas tree. :P) You are one of the strongest, kindest, most intelligent people I know. I have complete faith that you have the strength to pull yourself out, its just going to take some time. In the extensive therapy I have been through over the years, I have learned a couple things. One is, "You can't fix normal." Of COURSE you are feeling how you are. You wouldn't be normal if you didn't. It doesn't make it easier, but it makes it more...real? I dunno...call me hun and take care. <3

unhyphtaaeedcanndian zei

I know that you won't like it...but...{{hugs}}

unhyphtaaeedcanndian zei

I know that you won't like it...but...{{hugs}}